Last Updated: May 14, 2020
Due to the ongoing Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic, the Mississippi Watershed Management Organization (MWMO) has implemented a number of operational changes. These temporary changes are designed to protect the health and safety of our employees, partners and the public. They have been made in accordance with state and federal guidance, and will be updated as the situation evolves. All future updates will be posted at this web address.
Currently, the MWMO is taking the following actions to help prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- The MWMO building (aka Stormwater Park and Learning Center) is closed to the public until further notice.
- The MWMO will not hold any in-person public events from now through the end of August 2020.
- MWMO staff will continue to work from home whenever possible and avoid unnecessary in-person contact.
- MWMO staff who work in the field or enter the MWMO building will follow the guidelines and procedures laid out in the MWMO’s COVID-19 Preparedness Plan.
- Whenever possible, the MWMO will move scheduled public events to online or phone-based platforms.
- MWMO Board of Commissioners meetings will be held online, and will follow all applicable laws related to public meetings and data practices. Information on accessing the meetings will be advertised on the MWMO’s website.
- The MWMO will also develop a preparedness plan to facilitate a safe reopening of its facilities to all MWMO staff, partners and the public. The plan will be posted publicly before MWMO facilities are reopened.
For updated information on the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) outbreak, including illness prevention tips and public health response, please visit the following websites:
Nick Busse, Communications Principal
Mississippi Watershed Management Organization