- This event has passed.
MPCA Smart Salting for Roads Certification Training
Tuesday, September 19 at 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
This MPCA Smart Salting for Roads Certification Training class offers more efficient winter maintenance best practices for plowing, de-icing and anti-icing application, storage, and more. The new chloride requirements in the recently released MS4 permit will also be covered. Participants will learn how to integrate science with practical winter maintenance on roads while minimizing impacts on the environment.Registration
Who should attend:
- City, county, or state plow drivers
- Private winter maintenance contractors and staff
- Those who supervise winter maintenance professionals
What you’ll learn:
- Environmental impacts of chloride
- Plowing and physical removal
- Calculating application rates
- Equipment calibration
- Use real-time weather condition information more efficiently
- BMPs for storing materials
- De-icing and anti-icing
- Customer and staff educational resources
The MPCA Smart Salting for Roads Certification test will be offered at the end of training. Those that pass will be listed on the MPCA Smart Salting Training webpage. The certification is valid for five years.
This is an in-person training and lunch will be provided.
Training questions? Contact the MPCA Smart Salting Training Program: email@example.com
This training is hosted by Mississippi Watershed Management Organization and the MPCA Chloride Reduction program. Funding is provided by MPCA through the Clean Water Fund and the Environmental and Natural Resources Trust Fund.