- This event has passed.
MPCA Smart Salting for Parking Lots & Sidewalks Certification Training
Tuesday, October 10 at 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
This MPCA Smart Salting Certification Training is an opportunity to learn more efficient winter maintenance best practices (BMPs) while taking a comprehensive look at the many aspects for managing snow & ice on parking lots and sidewalks. The training will also cover the new chloride requirements in the recently released MS4 permit, as well as resources available to help you reduce your salt use.Registration
Who should attend?
- Hands-on public or private winter maintenance staff
- Those who hire or supervise winter maintenance staff
- Private contractors
- Those who may influence others or are interested in making a difference at work
What you’ll learn:
- Environmental impacts of chloride
- Equipment calibration
- Using weather condition info more efficiently
- Application rates
- Plowing and physical removal
- BMPs for storing materials
- De-icing and anti-icing
- Regulatory issues and managing liability
- Customer and staff educational resources
- Success stories
The MPCA Smart Salting for Parking lots & Sidewalks Certification test will be offered at the end of training. Those that pass will be listed on the MPCA Smart Salting Training webpage. The certification is valid for five years.
This is an in-person training. Lunch will be served.
Training questions? Contact the MPCA Smart Salting Training Program: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This training is hosted by the Mississippi Watershed Management Organization and the MPCA Chloride Reduction Program. Funding is provided by MPCA through the Clean Water Fund and the Environmental and Natural Resources Trust Fund.