Last Updated: September 10, 2021
Due to the ongoing Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic, the Mississippi Watershed Management Organization (MWMO) has implemented a number of operational changes. These temporary changes are designed to protect the health and safety of our employees, partners and the public. They have been made in accordance with state and federal guidance, and will be updated as the situation evolves. All future updates will be posted at this web address.
Currently, the MWMO is taking the following actions to help prevent the spread of COVID-19:
As of September 10, 2021, the MWMO Stormwater Park and Learning Center is open to visitors on a limited basis.
Until further notice:
- Front doors to our building will only be open during limited hours, and only on days that MWMO staff is hosting events. Please check our website or call our front desk at 612-746-4970 to confirm our current building and event schedule.
- Building capacity is limited to 50 total visitors and staff at any given time. MWMO will continue to host outdoor events that have prior staff approval.
- The MWMO is not accepting requests to reserve our indoor facilities at this time.
- Wearing a mask is optional for fully vaccinated visitors. Anyone who is not fully vaccinated is asked to wear a mask inside MWMO facilities.
- Visitors are asked to maintain social distancing whenever possible.
The MWMO’s second-floor offices will remain closed to visitors until November 8, 2021.
- Fully vaccinated employees are encouraged to wear masks inside MWMO facilities. Employees who are not fully vaccinated must wear a mask.
- In addition to the above guidelines, MWMO staff will continue to follow the guidelines and procedures laid out in the MWMO’s COVID-19 Preparedness Plan.
- Beginning September 14, 2021, MWMO Board of Commissioners meetings will be held in-person at the MWMO Stormwater Park and Learning Center. Attendees are asked to maintain social distancing whenever possible and follow the masking procedure described above.
For updated information on the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) outbreak, including illness prevention tips and public health response, please visit the following websites:
Nick Busse, Communications Principal
Mississippi Watershed Management Organization