Last Updated: June 23, 2021
Due to the ongoing Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic, the Mississippi Watershed Management Organization (MWMO) has implemented a number of operational changes. These temporary changes are designed to protect the health and safety of our employees, partners and the public. They have been made in accordance with state and federal guidance, and will be updated as the situation evolves. All future updates will be posted at this web address.
Currently, the MWMO is taking the following actions to help prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Beginning July 1, 2021, the MWMO Stormwater Park and Learning Center will re-open to visitors.
- Front doors to our building will be open during limited hours until further notice. Please check our website or call our front desk at 612-746-4970 to confirm our current building schedule.
- Building capacity is limited to 50 total visitors and staff at any given time.
- Wearing a mask is optional for fully vaccinated visitors and staff. Anyone who is not fully vaccinated is asked to wear a mask inside MWMO facilities.
- Visitors are asked to maintain social distancing whenever possible.
- The MWMO’s second-floor offices will remain closed to visitors until September 7, 2021.
- In addition to the above guidelines, MWMO staff will continue to follow the guidelines and procedures laid out in the MWMO’s COVID-19 Preparedness Plan.
- Beginning in September 2021, MWMO Board of Commissioners meetings will again be held in-person at the MWMO Stormwater Park and Learning Center.
- The July 2021 Board of Commissioners meeting and public hearing on the draft 2021-2031 Watershed Management Plan will be held online, and will follow all applicable laws related to public meetings and data practices.
For updated information on the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) outbreak, including illness prevention tips and public health response, please visit the following websites:
Nick Busse, Communications Principal
Mississippi Watershed Management Organization