MPCA Smart Salting for Property Management Certification Training
Tuesday, November 14 at 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
This MPCA Smart Salting Property Management Certification Training is hosted by the Mississippi Watershed Management Organization and the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency.
Learn how to reduce indoor and outdoor salt damage and related costs, recognize sustainable practices amongst your maintenance crew, hear ideas for managing liability, and more. Learn about the hidden costs of salt use on properties you own or manage. Gain understanding and take a comprehensive look at your winter maintenance strategy to discover possible improvement areas. The training will cover the new chloride requirements in the recently released MS4 permit.
The learning environment for this class is an interactive online format. Instructors will teach class online in real-time. Participants will interact with instructors and other participants through live chats, polls, and class discussion using the WebEx platform. We require attendees to actively participate in the online interactive class in addition to passing the online test to receive certification.
Who should attend?
- Management-level property managers
- Business owners/private contractors
- Environmental professionals
- MS4 permit staff
- Public works directors and local government decision-makers
- Public and private property owners and managers
- Those who hire or supervise winter maintenance staff
What you’ll learn:
- More efficient operations – Improve winter maintenance practices on your properties; hear others success. Becoming salt smart allows more time for other tasks.
- Save money – Reduce salt purchases annual infrastructure and vegetation damage costs and more
- Salt and snow storage – Rethink usual habits and reduce chloride runoff from wasted salt
- Know your legal issues – Discuss managing liability and regulatory requirements
- Reduce complaints – Guidance and resources for managing customer and staff expectations
- Protect Minnesota’s valuable water resources – Learn about the permanent environmental impacts of chloride pollution
Imagine the benefits your organization could see from reducing salt use on your property!
Take the online test at the end of training to get certified and be listed on the MPCA Smart Salting webpage. Certificates are sent to Minnesota participants only and are valid for 3 years.
Registration is required. There is no limit on number of participants watching from the same device, but each individual must also be registered.
Training questions? Contact the MPCA Smart Salting Training Program: email@example.com.
Funding for these trainings is provided by Mississippi Watershed Management Organization and the MPCA Smart Salting Training Program through the Clean Water Fund and the Environmental & Natural Resources Trust Fund.