MPCA Smart Salting for Parking Lots and Sidewalks
Wednesday, October 20 at 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
MPCA Smart Salting Trainings offer ways winter maintenance pros can save money, time, and reduce salt while maintaining safety!
About this Event
This MPCA Smart Salting Certification Training is an opportunity to learn more efficient winter maintenance best practices (BMPs) while taking a comprehensive look at the many aspects for managing snow and ice on parking lots and sidewalks. The training will cover the new chloride requirements in the recently released MS4 permit.
Who should attend:
- Hands-on public or private winter maintenance staff
- Those who hire or supervise winter maintenance staff
- Private contractors
- Those who may influence others or are interested in making a difference at work
What you’ll learn:
- Environmental impacts of chloride
- Equipment calibration
- Using weather condition info more efficiently
- Application rates
- Plowing and physical removal
- BMPs for storing materials
- De-icing and anti-icing
- Regulatory issues and managing liability
- Customer and staff educational resources
- Success stories
Earn the MPCA Smart Salting for Parking Lots and Sidewalks certification by taking the optional online test at the end of training and be listed on the MPCA Smart Salting webpage. Certificates are sent to Minnesota participants only and are valid for 5 years.
Cost: There is no cost to attend this training, but registration is required.Register Here
Online access: Before the training date, an email with instructions and an access link will be sent per registration. You will need a computer/laptop to use during the training in order to use the web-based tool.
This training is funded by the Mississippi Watershed Management Organization and is offered in partnership with Fortin Consulting and the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency through the Clean Water Fund.