Stormwater, the water from rain and melting snow, can’t soak into the ground in a city the way it does in nature because of the many hard surfaces such as streets and buildings. Instead, that stormwater becomes runoff that goes into stormdrains and gets piped directly into a local waterbody. In our watershed, the amount of stormwater and whatever pollution it picks up along the way are major concerns for our ecosystem.
This free program allows youth to explore our urban watershed through interactive displays with a facilitator. It is available to school classes and youth groups grades 4-12.
- Program is offered Monday–Friday from 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Programming will take place at the MWMO Stormwater Park and Learning Center
- Can schedule program up to two hours
- Can schedule two to three programs in one day
- Can schedule groups of 10-30 youth
- There must be one adult chaperone per 10 youth
Submit your request through the form below. Staff will follow-up with you to finalize your program date.