Mississippi River Green Team Member
Monday-Thursday 7:30 AM – 3:00 PM. 28 hours/week from June to August.
The Mississippi River Green Team is an urban environmental, career education and employment program for 14 to 17-year-olds from North and Northeast Minneapolis. Over two years, youth learn about the environment, are mentored in their first job and use new skills to help manage natural resources on or near the Mississippi River. The Mississippi River Green Team is a special environmental unit of Teen Teamworks. The program is made possible through a partnership between the Mississippi Watershed Management Organization and the Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board.
You, as part of a team will help improve water quality, increase habitat area, and do a science project by:
- Removing invasive plant species in parks along the Mississippi River
- Planting trees, shrubs, grasses and wildflowers
- Monitoring dragonflies
- Preventing pollution from getting to the Mississippi River
- Earn money
- Learn a lot about the environment and related careers
- Acquire work and leadership experience along with skills to help you in your future
- Get to know the city you live in
- The team meets at the MWMO before work and travels together to worksite.
- Optional unique experiences are offered every other Friday!
Community Outreach Specialist
612-746-4975 or email@example.com