This page has resources for current Stewardship Fund grantees to complete their projects. The guidelines below will help grantees meet the requirements of their MWMO project agreement. The other resources may assist grantees in their role as an MWMO partner and in working with various types of consultants and contractors.
Watch an Orientation Session (YouTube)
Promoting Your Project
The tools below will help you promote your project while correctly giving MWMO funding credit.
MWMO Funding Credit Guidelines
(PDF, 0.2 MB, 1 page)
MWMO Graphic Standards Instructions
(PDF, 0.4 MB, 2 pages)
Sending Out Press Releases
Sending a press release to your local newspaper or other news media organizations is a great way to get the word out about your project. We have created a template that you can download and use to create your own press release.
Press Release Template
(DOCX, 0.8 MB, 2 pages)
Some tips on sending out press releases:
- Don’t be too wordy. Try to fit your entire press release on a single page of paper (front and back). Shorter is usually better.
- Make sure you don’t forget any important details. Always remember to include “Who,” “What,” “When,” “Where” and “Why.”
- Don’t be afraid to include relevant photos or graphics, if you have them.
- Be mindful that reporters have deadlines. For weekly or monthly publications, you might want to contact them well in advance of their next issue.
- If emailing your press release, copy and paste the text directly into the email, and also attach it as a PDF.
- Make sure you recognize project partners for their contributions, and give them a heads-up that you plan to send out a press release.
Don’t be afraid to send your press release to news organizations of all sizes. If you know the names of specific reporters, you can try contacting them directly. Otherwise, most news organizations offer a general email address and phone number for submitting news tips. (These can usually be found right on the organizations’ websites.)
When deciding whom to send your press release to, think about all different types of media — newspapers, TV, radio, blogs, etc. You could also send it to your local neighborhood association for inclusion in their next newsletter.
If your looking for examples of press releases, you can find some right here on the MWMO website. If you’re feeling overwhelmed, you can always contact us for help too.
This is the standard, service-marked MWMO logo that may be used to provide recognition to the MWMO where appropriate.
JPEG – Small (424 x 505, RGB, 72 dpi, 87 KB)
JPEG – Large (1763 x 2100, RGB, 300 dpi, 400 KB)
The MWMO logo is also available in alternative file formats, layouts and colors that may be suitable for special uses. Contact the MWMO’s communications principal if you need access to these files.
These resources may help your project run more smoothly.
Tips for Working with Consultants and Contractors
(PDF, 0.2 MB, 2 pages)