- This event has passed.
Parking Lot and Sidewalk Winter Maintenance Training (Level 1)
Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 8:00 am - 2:00 pm
Parking Lot and Sidewalk Winter Maintenance with Reduced Environmental Impacts Training
This class is FREE and includes coffee, lunch, training materials, and the opportunity to get certified! (Register here.)
This training offers information about best practices for managing winter maintenance (plowing, de-icing and anti-icing application, storage, and more). These practices will help you save money, time, and the environment! An optional test is offered at the end of the workshop to earn Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) Level 1 Certification in Winter Maintenance Best Practices. Certified Individuals are listed on the MPCA website.
Who Should Attend
- Property Managers
- Snowplow Drivers
- Application Rates of Materials
- How to Calibrate Equipment
- Weather Conditions
- Storing Materials
- New Maintenance Methods
- De-Icing and Anti-Icing
- Environmental Effects
- Legal Issues and Additional Resources
Training Materials Provided
- Winter Parking Lot and Sidewalk Maintenance Manual
- Car-pooling is encouraged!
- Drivers please use free, on-street (along Marshall Street and in the surrounding neighborhood).
- Parking is not allowed in the Tony Jaros parking lot or in nearby businesses’ lots. See parking map.